lunes, 28 de febrero de 2011

The Final Day by Aundré Bumgardner

Just to give you a taste of my experience the last 11 days, here’s my haiku for Spanish class:


Atenas C.R.

Me encantan las ticas

No queiro salir

My time in Atenas has been utter amazement. Most of my days have consisted of a morning run around Atenas with Mario and Jeff, an afternoon chilling in the park with Jeff and Eagle, and some partying with my family. Now that is coming to a close, I cannot help but wonder what life will be like when I leave Atenas. I love it here.

The families have been more than a homestay. They’ve become family. After just over a week an Atenas, I am family. Nothing felt better after I walked out the house, and my family told me whenever I would like to visit, I had a place to say.

Quieres regresar a Atenas?,” Mi familia dijo. “Si, Era todos los dias.”

In the morning, we began with Spanish classes as usual. Most of my days have consisted of a morning run around Atenas with Mario and Jeff, an afternoon chilling in the park with Jeff and Eagle, and some partying with my family.

In the afternoon, we went out for Ice Cream. With Jeff Dinardo, a close confidant of mine, along with his host brother and his two cousins Tati and Efren, whom I met while I spent a day at the pool with the previous Saturday. Seeing How Jeff and I have swag, we waited for Tati at the high school. From there, we finally went out for Ice Cream. I treated out my adoptive second family for some good ol’ chicle flavored helado. We all chomped down, then took the final afternoon stroll through the infamous “el parqué,” and went off to “la casa de Isabel” to prepare for the evening fiesta.

Seeing all the families I spent so much time with made me quite sad to leave. They have treated me with the up most respect and hospitality within the last week. I will genuinely miss the great people of this town, and the endless fun and interactions I have had.

From Luis my video game loving 14 year old brother, to Monica my 20 yr. old sister who’s a Costa Rican National Fútbol Team Phenom, to Tefi, my corky happy go lucky 17 year old sister, to my hardworking stocky father, to the ever so loving host mother… I can thoroughly say I am sadder to leave a place so wonderful then I ever have. Without a doubt will I be returning...

For now, to be continued from Atenas… See y’all in a couple weeks.


Pura Vida.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario