miércoles, 16 de febrero de 2011

This is sort of a late post due to not having internet, but here's an update for yesterday, our third day in Atenas and our second day of classes. It's amazing how fast you adapt to a way of life that's different from your own. In the states, I am not a morning person, but here, I wake up exactly at 6 every morning amd spend time with my host family.
During our four hours of spanish we had a dance class with a special teacher, and I believe there are videos somewhere on the cswoffcampus website.
After lunch and siesta, we went to a nearby forest to do some comparisons to the others we've seen so far. We talked about the imprtance of watersheds and the distribution of water before our walk, and during our walk we could hear a river but not quite see it because the sides of the ravine were very steep.
And on a more personal level, during lunch I was spending time with the cousin of my host sister who is about 6 years old, and I showed her how to use my watercolors and watercolor pencils. Later on I'll post her drawings because they are very sweet. Now everytime I see her she asks if we can draw and I can't wait to see what she draws next.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario