martes, 1 de marzo de 2011

a quick update from bocas

We have succesfully relocated ourselves to Panama, and we are right up against the sea. We´ve started our group projects, and have been out collecting data inbetween excursions to caves and canals. My group is working with starfish and it involves a lot of half-underwater, muffled yelling with snorkel masks on about how far one of our marked stars has slunk (very far very quickly, if you were wondering). I´ve probably ingested more saltwater than is healthy but it´s well worth it.

Despite discovering that all our belongings are eternally damp here, it´s been great. I´m exhausted by the time I crawl into my top bunk at night, with the rain pounding on the corrugated metal roof and thoughts of starfish slinking through my head. We are getting to apply the methodology we´ve been learning, and deciding what we work on.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario